Submitting Books for Our Consideration
We are currently closed to submissions of review copies, we are busy catching up on the backlog! Please check back regularly.
If a reviewer is interested in reviewing the book, we will contact you and ask you to send it directly to them. Our reviewers are situated around the world, please make it clear if you are unable to send books to reviewers who are outside the country you are based in.
A few guidelines:
- We only review short story collections and anthologies. No poetry. No novels. No novellas. No single stories. No literary magazines. No art books with some writing in. Only short story collections.
- We get so many requests that we cannot guarantee to review your collection, but we do our best.
- If we do agree to review your book, the process will take several months, sometimes longer. Reading a short story collection should not be rushed.
- Many of our reviewers do not have e-readers, therefore please state in your email whether review copies are only available in electronic form or if you are happy to send physical copies.
- We do review self-published collections as long as they have been professionally edited and some of the stories in the collection have been published elsewhere. We do not review vanity published collections, or Word documents.
- We love short story collections but each review reflects the reviewer’s subjective opinion, and may not be as glowing as the author or publisher would like. This is the nature of reviewing. Sorry.
Queries Unrelated to Review Book Submissions
Email deputy editor, Diane Becker, email@example.com